Friday June 23 2017
Here are some of our most frequently asked questions:

Why can't I just represent myself?

You can represent yourself, which is called going pro se.  Yet depending on your situation navigating through the procedures and fine points of law may be cumbersome.  Having a lawyer who knows the rules of the court and the fine points of the law advocating on your behalf is an advantage that could make the difference in your case.

Can I just speak to the attorney on the phone?

Sorry, but we do not do telephone consultations. However, there are some situations where we might be able to help over the phone in an unusual situation, especially where the potential client lived out of town or in another state.

How early should I arrive for my appointment?

Be sure to arrive 10-15 minutes early for your first appointment. We have interview and client information forms which you will be required to fill out. These forms will help your interview go smoother and provide the attorney with essential information that he needs. These forms are available for download on this website. Having these forms filled out before you arrive would be excellent!

What should I bring with me to the Initial Interview?

Please bring any and all paperwork that you have regarding your case. If you have been served with Family Court papers, bring the papers you recieved at that time. If your appointment is for a criminal case, bring your tickets, warrants, and other paperwork, if you have any. If you were placed under arrest and incarcerated for any period of time, you should have received at least a few documents at the time of your release.

Should I bring my children to the appointment?

No, please do not bring your children to your appointment. If the attorney needs to see or speak to your child(ren) for any reason, we will let you know.

Can I make payments on my account?

Typically, the full retainer fee must be paid in full prior to any work being done on your case. In the event that the attorney allows you to make payments, he will determine the arrangements. If you do not make payments per the arrangement, the attorney may request to be relieved from your case.

Do you give refunds?

No, we do not.

The Law Firm of Winter & Rhoden was established in December of 1991 by William E. Winter, Jr. and William G. Rhoden. The law firm was operated as a partnership until Mr. Winter’s untimely death in July 2008. After Mr. Winter’s death, Mr. Rhoden chose to keep the name of Winter & Rhoden in honor of his law partner. The firm operates now as Winter & Rhoden, LLC. The practice is located ½ block from the Cherokee County Courthouse at the street address of 221 E Floyd Baker Blvd in the heart of the City of Gaffney. We are a general practice law firm with a staff of three in addition to Mr. Rhoden & Mrs. Parker. We offer legal services in the areas of Divorce, Child Custody, and Family law, Criminal Defense, Personal Injury, Social Security Disability, Workers' Compensation, Appeals to all state courts, Probate, Wills and Powers of Attorney.

Have you or a family member been charged with a Felony or Misdemeanor in Circuit Court, Magistrate Court or City Court? DUI, robbery, drug charges, or murder, our lawyers are available to review your criminal charges and possible defenses.
Are you wanting to adopt or going through an adoption? Are you seeking a divorce or separation? Are there child custody and visitation concerns? Protect your rights as a parent; protect your property interest developed in the marriage; and regain a peace of mind by having an attorney who will ensure your best interests are being served whether in a divorce, adoption, child custody or support battle, or separation.
Wrongful death? Hurt in an Auto Accidents? Survival Action? If you were injured in an accident or some one you love was injured or died from an accident, call our office immediately so that our attorneys can review your case to see if there is a neglect or personal injury claim.
Are you incapable of working due to a mental or physical disability? If so, you may be entitled to Social Security Benefits. The first step is to contact your local Social Security office and apply for disability benefits. Once denied, contact our office to schedule an appointment with a disability lawyer who will help with your application of disability.
Copyright. All Rights Reserved. Web Developed by